Your privacy is important to me and I’m committed to protecting your personal data.
- provides information about the personal data I collect, and how and why I collect, store, use and share your personal data; and
- tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data and how to contact me or supervisory authorities if you have a complaint.
‘Personal data’ is any information that can directly or indirectly identify an individual (‘a data subject’).
Izy Penguin of Izy Penguin ltd, Holed Stone Barn, Hollies Rd, Bradwell, Braintree CM77 8DZ is the data controller. This means that I determine the purposes for which, and the way in which personal data is processed. As a data controller I will comply with all applicable data protection laws.
Should you have concerns about the way I process your data or would like me to stop processing your data please contact me.
What personal information do i collect about you?
I may collect and process the following personal information:
- Identity Data which includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from me.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone, setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access my website.
- Any other information, which you provide to me.
I do not collect any special categories of personal data (which include sensitive personal information such as details about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, political affiliation and sexual orientation).
How i collect personal data
I collect most of this information from you directly, for example, Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data and Transaction Data when you fill in forms, correspond with me by email, phone, post or otherwise when you:
- purchase products and/or services from me;
- request marketing, promotional material or information to be sent to you; or
- give me some feedback.
I may also collect information from
- automated technologies, such as cookies which collect Technical Data about your equipment and browsing activities;
- providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as PayPal or DHL
- analytics providers
How i process your personal data
- Processing an order:
- If you order products or services from me, I process identity, contact, financial, profile and transaction data.
My Website does not contain third party advertising. I do not permit third party advertising (or targeted advertising) on my website. If you click on links to my social media pages, or to any third-party website, you may be subject to targeted marketing via that site.
This Website contains links to my social media pages on Twitter and Instagram and to my shop on Etsy.
These third-party websites have their own respective privacy policies (which we would advise you to read) for which those sites are solely responsible.
Should you visit those social media pages and choose to follow me on Twitter or Instagram, I may receive identity, contact or transaction data from the social media providers, including:
- Address (email and/or postal);
- Telephone number(s);
- IP address;
- Social media account URL;
- Date of birth; and/or
- Cookies & analytics
My Website also uses website analytics to evaluate and improve my Website, personalise your experience and to offer the best, most accessible service possible to all my visitors.
When you visit my Website, these analytics service providers may collect the following data, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to me:
- number of visitors to my Website;
- pages visited while on the Website and time spent per page;
- page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods;
- websites where visitors have come from and where they go afterwards;
- page response times and any download errors;
- other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in.
I process this information to understand how visitors use my Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access my Website, and we aggregate this information together, so I know that, for example, most of the visitors to my Website come from England).
This processing is crucial to the running of my online business and I therefore undertake such monitoring in the pursuit of my legitimate interests in improving my Website to provide a better service and source of information to visitors.
This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
Your rights in relation to the personal data that i process
You have the following rights over the way I process personal data relating to you. I aim to respond as soon as practicable but within one month at the latest. I do not charge a fee to respond to your request:
- to ask for a copy of data I am processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to ask me to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
- to request a machine-readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider;
To make a request in relation to any of your rights, please contact me.
I do not knowingly use the Website to solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided me with information or may be receiving communications from me without consent of a parent or guardian, I ask that this be brought to my immediate attention. I will make it my priority to address this situation and delete information relating to a child as soon as practicable. In such an event, please contact me.
I will take commercially reasonable, appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that could be encountered if you use my website and services, taking into account the likelihood and severity those risks might pose to the rights and freedoms of my Website visitors.
In particular, I will take precautions to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, and unauthorised disclosure of or access to the personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by me. Please be aware that, while I make the security of our Website and your personal information a high priority and devote considerable time and resources to maintain robust IT security, no security system can prevent all security breaches. When you choose to share your personal information with me, you accept that you provide your information at your own risk.
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, I do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary. Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, I will either permanently delete your personal information or remove all identifiers within it so that it is no longer personal data. I may use such anonymised data for research and/or business analysis purposes.
If you would like me to stop using your personal information, please contact me.
International data transfers
My servers are located in England and the information that I collect directly from you will be stored on these servers.
There are agreements in place to ensure that any international transfers of personal data to our third-party service providers have appropriate safeguards that meet the requirements of EU data protection laws.
Changes to this policy
I hope that I can resolve any query or concern you may raise about my use of your information. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO), the UK Supervisory Authority for data protection issues: https://ico.org.uk/. I would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact me in the first instanc here.